Director of Communication
· Oversight and management of key agency communications deliverables including the website, extranet website (for employees), email marketing and social media channels, internal digital signage, as well as the Annual Report.
· Manage and coordinate external agency communications campaigns.
· Manage the agency communications and brand strategy across electronic and print communications channels.
· Consult with Program Directors in designing program-level marketing and communications strategies.
· Consult with Management and Divisions on electronic communications initiatives.
· Front-end website design and development.
· Create and manage web and social media content.
· Produce web graphics, digital photography and video content.
· Design and manage pay-per-click (PPC), search engine marketing campaigns.
· Optimize the website for search engines (SEO) and user experience.
· Create and manage web analytics reports.
· Manage referral links through Google Places, Microsoft Business Center
web-based business directories and partner sites.
· Electronically monitor newspapers and websites for agency mentions and news items.
· Design and manage email marketing campaigns.
· Develop content and produce graphics for public facing electronic display units.
· Develop print materials including the Annual Report and other public facing marketing collateral.
· Research communications related projects and initiatives under the direction of management.
· Represent the agency at community and agency events.
· Manage the organization’s Communication’s Plan.
· Supervise interns, volunteers and employees as assigned.
· Manage and coordinate external marketing, communications and technology vendors as necessary.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field preferred. Or similar combination of education and experience may be considered.
3 – 5 years experience in managing communications for a nonprofit organization or a for-profit business. 2-3 years of experience administering web based content management systems. Strong computer skills required. Some project management, vendor management and employee supervisory experience helpful.
C) Job Skills:
MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, HTML, CSS, DHTML, XML, Drupal 6+, Adobe Fireworks or Photoshop. Email marketing (Constant Contact preferred), web analytics (Google Analytics preferred), search engine marketing / pay-per-click management (Google Adwords preferred). Search engine optimization (SEO). Digital photography, videography and copywriting/copyediting.
If you are interested in this job posting, please email resume to Tomas Olivo at:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Hispanic Coalition of Waterbury is an equal opportunity employment agency. It is committed to provide equal opportunities to all applicants and employees including recruitment, promotion, demotion, layoff, return from layoff, rates of pay, selection of training, social, and recreational programs. The Hispanic Coalition of Greater Waterbury, Inc., is committed to the goal of a workforce that is sensitive to and reflects the cultural, ethnic, and racial diversity of the individuals and community we serve. Discriminatory actions in the workplace will not be tolerated. Employee’s engaging in discriminatory actions will be disciplined up to and including dismissal.